1. Spiders, ticks, and horseshoe crabs belong to the subphylum
2. Dragonflies are more closely related to scorpionflies than to
3. The immature stages of some holometabolous insects are called
4. Insects in the orders Orthoptera and Hymenoptera have chewing
5. Both Arthropods and Onychophorans have open circulatory systems.
6. Which insect order is most closely related to Diptera?
A. Hymenoptera C. Orthoptera
B. Plecoptera D. Zygentoma
7. To which class of arthropods do lobsters and shrimp belong?
A. Crustacea C. Arachnida
B. Myriapoda D. Xiphosura
8. The order Hemiptera contains:
A. Bed bugs and stink bugs
B. Chewing and sucking lice
C. Roaches and mantids
D. Crickets and grasshoppers
9. Which order is NOT holometabolous?
A. Siphonaptera C. Hymenoptera
B. Thysanoptera D. Neuroptera
10. Which order is exclusively herbivorous?
A. Trichoptera C. Odonata
B. Phasmatodea D. Thysanoptera
11. Which order is exclusively parasitic?
A. Diplura C. Siphonaptera
B. Zoraptera D. Diptera
12. Sucking mouthparts are NOT found in:
A. Fleas C. Lice
B. Flies D. Ants
13. All ametabolous insects are:
A. Predatory C. Wingless
B. Endognathous D. All of these
14. Immatures of the Neuroptera would be classified as:
A. Scavengers C. Parasites
B. Herbivores D. Predators
15. What do the orders Mantodea, Dermaptera, and Isoptera have
A. Winglessness C. Chewing mouthparts
B. Herbivory D. All of these